Monday, December 2, 2013

Mt Rushmore and More



I'm making an early new years resolution to get back on track with blogging. I apologize for the wait, but here are some pictures you've been waiting for! The week after my dad's wedding, Ty's Aunt Aubrey came to visit! They had a lot of fun playing together.
We went out to eat at the Duchanbe Tea House in Boulder. Apparently, Duchanbe is Boulder's sister city, and the tea house was shipped over part by part and put back together. It was delicious!
Ty especially enjoyed looking at the detailed ceilings.
 Then we took off to South Dakota to check out Mt Rushmore. Luckily, the government had just compromised so the park was open.
I was glad to finally see Mount Rushmore
 
We enjoyed the local wildlife.

 And wend on a few beautiful hikes.
We ate at a delicious local burger place.
 
Once we were back home, Tim, Aubrey, and Ty took a trip to the Museum of Nature and Science then visited the Denzer's to see cousins! It was a fun weekend. Aunt Aubrey is welcome back any time.


No comments: