Now that we are only in Nashville a few more months, we're trying to make the most of it. That includes running the Rock and Roll (formerly, the Country Music) Half Marathon. The morning of the run, it was cold and rainy. The walk from parking to the start line was about a half mile, and it started pouring! Luckily, it only sprinkled during the race, making the temperature just about perfect for a long run.
I have to admit, I wasn't blown away with the music. Maybe it was the weather, or that I'm holding Nashville to a higher standard, but I thought the bands could have been a little more ...I don't know. Rock and Roll-y, or Country. Many stations had just one person singing or playing. I guess that's how things are at 9 am.
Run-wise, it was a tough course, but I felt good and finished at 1:43:25 (my goal was under 1:45), so I am happy with my race! For my own memory, here are my stats:


No comments:
Post a Comment