Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

  With just a short summer left in Nashville, we've started working on our Nashville Summer Bucket List. I guess I'm kind of happy the list of family activities isn't too long. First up: Waterfalls. There are several within a two hour drive from the city, so we set out to Falls Creek Falls State Park. Unfortunately, just a month earlier, the viewing platform collapsed and a couple of trails were closed, so we didn't get to go close, but it was a perfect hike for the kids. 
 
 It's hard to see the kids in the picture below, but they're both there!
   Lucy on a Sunday. She sure looks cute in her new dress from Grandma and Grandpa. Unfortunately, she has a double ear infection (found two days earlier while at her 15 month appointment) which started acting up after church. She ended up feeling miserable exactly every four hours--when her medicine wore off :( The next day she was being silly and putting bread on her head!
Sunday night we went for a walk on the trail and Ty "did nature."
We laid low on Memorial day, but still managed to cook some steak and try out our community pool. I'm pretty excited about our new pool floats that I'm sure will make my summer trips to the pool a little easier.

No comments: