Thursday, October 13, 2016

Tim's Fall Break=Research Road Trip

Tim had a grant for more research, and Berry College had a two day Fall Break, so we headed off on a romantic getaway to exotic Mississippi. Haha! We looked at prison records in the Archives in Jackson for two days then searched for county court records in a few smaller towns on our third day.   One night, we caught up with Amelia and Jon at the state fair where we relived some 90's music with Boyz II Men!
On the drive home, Tim stopped at a place called Cypress Swamp. It was so pretty! I felt like I was in a magical fairyland.

Grandpa Rod and Grandma Diney were so kind to extend their trip to the cabin a few days longer to watch the kids while we were gone. We are extremely grateful, but I don't think they minded either.

No comments: