Saturday, November 26, 2016

Turkey Day 2016

 We had a great, low-key, stress-free Thanksgiving this year. It was our first year in our new house, and so we invited Rod and Diney to join us. It worked out perfectly to have them occupy the kids most of the day. Here they are making cookie turkeys! I even got to run while Tim went to a turkey bowl.
 Tim's favorite part of Thanksgiving is eating all of the appetizers.
 
 
  Rather than cooking a whole turkey, Tim and I each made a turkey breast. He found a way to create a homemade smoker and smoked the turkey while I seasoned mine with citrus. They were both so yummy! The whole meal and day went nicely, and we finished by heading up to the cabin, where Christmas was already set up and we ate lots and lots of pie!
I have so much to be thankful for this year, but my family is at the top of the list. I'm so grateful we are all happy and healthy. I'm grateful we are settling into a new house and new town. I'm grateful for Tim's job and the little bit of teaching I get to do (and am scheming to do more soon!). I'm grateful for our church, the friends we've made and friend's we've had to leave behind at some point. I'm grateful for all of the comforts/luxuries we have and for the beauty I get to see all around me every day in the trees and sky and ground. I am grateful for the trials I have because I know they shape me and are often not near what others have to experience. I could go on and on, but I am so grateful!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving to me!