Friday, November 4, 2016

Halloween x4

 
 Our October was filled with Halloween Festivities. It doesn't help that I love holiday festivities and want to be a part of EVERYTHING. We managed to keep things manageable and only go to FOUR Halloween events. It worked well because Ty switched costumes for almost all of them.
 The first was a huge Boo-Fest put on by the YMCA. Because I work for the Y, I volunteered there and didn't get a chance to take pictures. It's too bad, though, because it was the only time Ty wore his cute Transformer's costume. At least we know what he'll be next year! 

Second, we attended a cute Trunk-Or-Treat put on by Berry College students. Each club or group had a trunk with candy AND a game. It was probably my favorite event of all, even with Lucy's random vomiting in the middle of it (from eating too much candy from Boo-Fest the previous night while I was there and not at home monitoring her sugar intake).

 Next, we had a blast at our ward Chili Cook Off and Fall Festival. We invited Lucy's friend Ella (and my running friend Jennifer), so they had fun doing all of the games together.
 Lucy is VERY in to Pumpkins this year.

 
 And finally, on Halloween, we picked Ty up from school and headed downtown for the business trick-or-treat. It was pretty crowded and really hot, so we only did about half of it, but we had to save some energy for our real trick-or-treating.
 Later that evening, we went around our neighborhood with friends and got lots of candy. The rest of Rome seemed to have also come to our neighborhood to join us. It was packed and the empty lot at the front of our two-street/five-col de sac neighborhood had cars parked in straight lines like it was a county fair or something! I'm glad to say we got the most out of the season, though.

No comments: