
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
The Confederate Capital
Last weekend we drove down to Richmond with Scott, DeAnne, and Aubrey. It's supposed to be about 100 miles, but the traffic on Saturday morning was the worst I've ever seen. It took over 3 hours to get there! Once we were there we ate lunch at a fun sandwich place and went to check out the Museum of the Confederacy in the Civil War. We also saw the actual Confederate White House (top left in grid). Tim and I learned a lot about the Civil War, and I'm excited to live in a place with such history.

We also caught a Richmond Braves game (AAA) before they move to Georgia. It was "Bark in the Park" night, so they gave us these blue dog hankies (look closer in the picture below), and I got to see a lot of dogs!
I would also like everyone to know that our apartment is actually starting to look like an apartment! We now have a couch and a mattress as well as a tv and desk/table (the last two are compliments of the thrift store in the area). I'll get a picture posted soon, but our apt. still needs some work.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hmmm you and Tim must be spelling "V-A" in front of the Capitol...hehe
Yeah for confederate pride! It looks like you're still having way too much fun!
I am so glad you all are settling in and getting to actually enjoy where you will be living. Can't wait to see pictures of your new apartment... and if you want some of the pics of fireflies, I got some of you two as well... Let me know I will email them to you!
Aubrey looks like Oreo with her bandana on.
Post a Comment