We've spent most of our time driving around, looking for apartment stuff, and applying for jobs (keep your fingers crossed!). I just wanted to list a few things about our new home...
- Falls Church has a LOT of different ethnic groups. I'm guessing mostly Asian due to the high number of Asian restaurants/markets around here and low number of stores that would be familiar to Utahns (The closest Walmart is about 20 miles away and I don't even think it is a Super Walmart)
- This area of Virginia has a really nice running trail that I like a lot. It is made from an old railroad line and has smaller, connecting trails that go all over. The main trail is almost 30 miles long!
- Our apartment is very spacious and we have almost no furniture. We need a couch...
- Even the big thrift store out here is much more expensive than the DI :(
- Our apartment complex has a pool (with the dumbest hours: noon-8pm), tennis courts, and a fitness center (If you can call a room with 2 treadmills and a bike that)
- The weather here has been very nice. No complaints there!
- The traffic here is the WORST! Tim says he can't tell if people here get a kick out of doing the dumb things to deserve the honks, or if they get a kick out of honking for dumb reasons. Scott says people here just never learned how to drive (I'm not prejudice, but I wonder if it has to do with other ethnicities and driving in other countries then coming here...)
- The BEST thing is that Tim and I were looking for furniture stores last Saturday and we couldn't find any for a while, and all of a sudden, we could see the Washington Monument. We ended up near Arlington National Cemetery, crossed the river and we were downtown with all of the tourists! It was only about 10-20 miles away! I'm looking forward to being a tourist this week too. Then I'll turn into a Local.
2 comments:
How fun to be so close to all the monuments and such. I'm sure you'll be able to find a job and a couch ... i'm pretty jealous that you guys are all so close and i'm so far away. It's weird not having any of you guys out here anymore. PLease come visit and spread the word! :)
I love hearing about how things are going. . . Blogs are awesome! I'm glad you like your apartment. I hope you were able to find furniture that you are happy with!
Post a Comment