Tim and I flew back to St. George last weekend (thanks, dad!) so I could run the Marathon. It was my third time.....and may be my last. St. George is known for it's beautiful, "fast," course and good weather, but Saturday, October 4th was the first time it's rained during the race in 25 years...and it rained the entire race.
These pictures are compliments of the Spectrum (the newspaper), because I didn't take any, and I wasn't about to pose in the freezing weather once I finished. Nevertheless, you can see the conditions we ran in.
This is not me, however, you can compare this runner to me, because I did wear a poncho for the first 4 or 5 miles (she is wearing a bag).Even though the conditions were not ideal, I did feel pretty good during the race. I got my best time (even though all three times are within a minute and a half of each other), and lived to tell about it! Below are some things I stole off of my results page. My time ended up being 3:28:02. Boston, here I come! (--Maybe. I'll have to think about this some more.)
This maroon pictures shows my place out of the women. It said I was 123rd out of 2180 women, and 6% of the women were faster than me.
2 comments:
Yay! I'm so proud of you :)
Great job Tanaya!! I can hardly imagine what running a marathon would be like (I would die), but to run one in cold, rainy weather would be a huge challenge -- we are so proud of you, and know you worked hard to conquer the race!
Post a Comment