Sorry, I can't think of any creative blog titles for this post, but we did have a creative Memorial weekend! On Saturday we took the Chinatown bus to NY, NY for a fun filled day trip! When we got there, we were just amazed at all of the people. They are everywhere!

We started out walking through Times Square to go to Central Park. I stopped for a brief second to take a picture for Dad of the Hello Deli around the corner of the Late Night Show. Too bad it was closed:( Next was the outside of one of the Trump towers (top right and tall building pic. in collage) for Ben who likes the Apprentice. Later in the day we went to St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockafeller Plaza, and the Empire State building. We pretty much just looked at everything, we didn't want to spend too much money, but it was still pretty amazing.

I was pretty excited for Central Park. It is featured in so many .movies, so we spent a lot of time here. Our favorite thing was the row boats, but we also enjoyed our hot dogs and pretzels we got from street vendors

New York is a pretty famous place for shopping, but we got our kicks at the toy stores. I played the "Big" piano with my feet and walked through the Barbie Dream House while Tim looked at trains and Lego Sculptures of Harry Potter (actually, I was more fascinated with those than him). I was really impressed with the Ferris Wheel in Toys R Us! Each seat was a different theme like M&M's, my little pony, and Jimmy Neutron. We were sad we didn't have enough time to ride it.

And last but not least, Tim got his New York Style Pizza. He ordered a personal-sized pizza, but the man at the counter didn't understand english and gave us a HUGE pizza which is pictured below next to my hand so you can see how big it actually was. It was completely delicious though, so we went to extra trouble to take the leftovers home on the bus with us! Yay for the Big Apple!


We had more fun this weekend, but my computer is being dumb and not uploading properly, so I'll have to post again later this week.
8 comments:
Aw, I love the City! I'm jealous you live so close and get to visit more frequently than I do. Good job with the pizza-it looks absolutely delicious!
Did you join the background of the week club or something?
how fun! I wish we could go on crazy adventures like this ... for now we're stuck in provo! blah!
I love New York, and I haven't even been there -- ok, I would love to visit NY, not live there -- thanks for sharing your great photos and adventures!
How exciting! That is one place I really want to visit!
Tanaya!
I didn't know that YOU had a blog, either! And it looks like you guys are having about, oh, ten times the amount of fun that we are up in Minnesota. We actually like it up here a lot, but there aren't nearly the amount of cool monuments, museums, and places to visit as in DC. Looks like a blast! Are you liking it over there, by the way? And are Brian and Michelle going out there for law school?
That is so cool! I'm jealous! We do really cool and exciting things too...we went to the zoo's "Starry Safari" on Friday night! Okay, maybe not quite as cool at NY.
You got to ride in a rowboat together? How romantic is that?! I'll be honest: I'm jealous. And I want to go to those toy stores. The giant piano looks awesome!
Post a Comment