I have been terrible at blogging lately, mostly because I have been terrible at taking pictures of things going on. Summer here has been pretty nice. It started slow with so much rain, but yesterday for the 4th of July, the day was perfect! Tim and I started our holiday by trying to go run on a trail by the Potomac River that I had been wanting to run on since we moved here. We ended up getting lost, and it seems all obscure roads here lead across the river into the District with no way to escape, so we got to see all preparations being made for the celebration later that day by 7:00 am. We finally found a place we could stop and run, ran, then rushed home to get to our ward breakfast by 8:30. Later, we went to a cookout with some friends and made a last minute decision to go to DC for the fireworks. I, of course, forgot my camera, but we found a spot on the Mall between the Washington Monument and the WWII Memorial (close to where they shot the fireworks,) so we were right up front. The fireworks were amazing! The entire sky in front of us was full of color and sparkle. People said you have to go at least once, and we will agree.

Also, my old roommate Megan from BYU came out for vacation, and we met for a picnic dinner at the Jefferson Memorial. It was fun seeing her!


And below are some actual pictures that Tim's mom, Diane, took while we were in Texas. The first is of Me, DeAnne, and Aubrey at Wicked!

Most of our time was spent out in the pool. This is when I was teaching Tim and Aubrey how to get an ab workout in the pool!

And we celebrated Father's Day while we were there. Rod got a grill/smoker and we had delicious steaks for dinner! This is the boys getting it set up.
7 comments:
Your running comment reminded me of a story Tim told me about going for a run in Georgia, dehydrating himself, and having to hitchhike home because he had ran too far away from his house. Ahhh Timmy and running....
Looks like fun! I really want to see a fancy-schmancy fireworks show someday.
DC seems like the perfect place to spend the 4th of July; good choice!
The fireworks in DC are always spectacular because of the monuments. I'm glad you made it down there; Adrian and I went for the past three years and each time it was spectacular!
Jon was in Maryland last year for the fourth of July and he went to the Mall as well, and said it was the BEST fireworks show he has ever seen! Looks fun! That's cool that Tim knows about Vicksburg! No one knows about Vicksburg ;) So guess what? Jon and I have these flight vouchers for a free flight in the US and we are trying to figure out what to do with them... and we think that during his Spring Break we are going to come up to DC! His Spring Break is Feb. 27th to March 6th... I know it's far away- but we wanna come see you guys!!
Did you take the picture of the fireworks? Just Gorgeous! I can only imagine how awesome the show would be there. D.C. is the most patriotic place to be on the 4th! =)
Those fireworks look incredible! We'll have to go next year. How fun that you got to picnic with Megan, too.
Post a Comment