After our short trip to Hershey, we drove about 30 minutes east to Lancaster County, PA for our 1/2 marathon on Saturday. It was called the Hands on House 1/2 marathon to benefit the children's museum. Our course was really beautiful, but also full of hills. We ran through cornfields, hay fields, and farmhouses. We both started out too fast and got pretty tired the second half, but we both finished. I even got 4th in my age group! Some of Tim's work friends even came up to cheer us on and shop with us afterward. We can thank them for most of their pictures.

I'm not sure why the finish line picture is so small, but we made it anyway! Below, we're taking advantage of the after race snacks...the best part!

This is basically what we ran past most of the time. There were even Amish kids cheering us on! After the race we ran to our motel to clean up (although the front desk people weren't exactly happy that we were so late) and did a little sight seeing and shopping!


Amish people are so nice. I asked Tim if I could still me Mormon and Amish. He said some Mormons should.
There were a LOT of petting zoos! Check out the bottom middle picture in the collage-we're horses of a buggy!


This is Carla, Noelle, and Heather from Tim's work who came to cheer us on.

I'm not sure why the finish line picture is so small, but we made it anyway! Below, we're taking advantage of the after race snacks...the best part!
This is basically what we ran past most of the time. There were even Amish kids cheering us on! After the race we ran to our motel to clean up (although the front desk people weren't exactly happy that we were so late) and did a little sight seeing and shopping!
There were a LOT of petting zoos! Check out the bottom middle picture in the collage-we're horses of a buggy!

This is Carla, Noelle, and Heather from Tim's work who came to cheer us on.
6 comments:
Fun! I've always wanted to see Amish land! Maybe someday... And running sounds SO good! I've been running- but can't find any races :( Youd think that the 4th biggest city in the US would have more running events. Jon and I are looking at doing a small triathalon... But the swim is in an alligator infested lake... Hmmmmm....
What fun pictures. How nice of the people that Tim works with to come cheer you on! I can just imagine cute Amish kids cheering you on. How fun! And you didn't mention before that you got 4th in your age group. Tanaya, you are amazing!!!
I'm so glad you found my blog so I could find your blog. I had no idea you were in DC. I bet you're lovin' it. Congrats on the half marathon. Isn't it so beautiful out there. I love you Amish collage. I love seeing the Amish. It makes me feel like I've gone back in time or something. If you guys ever head past Indiana let us know.
I totally admire and respect the Amish community -- and I'm so glad you had some fans cheering you on at the half-marathon -- that was so nice of Tim's co-workers!
Makayla really liked the close up picture of someone petting the goat. She said, "Oh, that goat is so cute!" You guys are running maniacs. Seriously.
Way to go! You guys are amazing. I love catching up with you!
:)
Ande
p.s. 4th in your age group! you rock!
Post a Comment