While the East was being bombarded with the "Snowpocalypse," I was enjoying 70-80 degree weather in Phoenix with Mindy and her family! I babysat on Friday and we went on a bike ride, made valentines, and decorated cookies with lots of pink and purple sprinkles. On Saturday, we went to the Safety Fair put on by Mindy's hospital-also outside at the Mariners' Spring Training complex.
We also went to a friend's house to pick oranges, lemons, grapefruits, and tangerines. Even the sheep liked them!
We also took a trip into Mesa to see the temple...
And get Cafe Rio!!!
Monday, we went to the Zoo
And I got to ride on a camel-something that I'm sure was on my bucket list.
We finished the trip with a carousel ride and an earlier flight, the red eye to get back before the next blizzard.
Now I am safely back in snow up past my knees and more coming. It was the perfect retreat, and I had so much fun with some of my favorite kids (and adults too, thanks Mindy and Thomas!)
I also wanted to post some pictures of our trip to Charlottesville for the NC State UVA game. Our friends, Andrew and Lauren are die-hard NC State fans and invited us to go. It was really fun, but "State" fell back during the second half and lost :( I've decided I should probably become a UVA fan since I've already been to a basketball and football game (cheering for the opposing team). Who knows...maybe we will be real UVA fans next year??? We'll see!


We also went to a friend's house to pick oranges, lemons, grapefruits, and tangerines. Even the sheep liked them!
We also took a trip into Mesa to see the temple...
And I got to ride on a camel-something that I'm sure was on my bucket list.I also wanted to post some pictures of our trip to Charlottesville for the NC State UVA game. Our friends, Andrew and Lauren are die-hard NC State fans and invited us to go. It was really fun, but "State" fell back during the second half and lost :( I've decided I should probably become a UVA fan since I've already been to a basketball and football game (cheering for the opposing team). Who knows...maybe we will be real UVA fans next year??? We'll see!
5 comments:
I keep hearing about all the snow over there! That's nuts! At least when it snows that much- things actually shut down... unlike Provo... where they still make you march to your classes in 4 feet of snow!
I'm so glad that a trip to Cafe Rio made it into your fun-filled weekend -- cute pictures! Love the camel ride.....
Glad you had fun with the kids and got to eat Cafe Rio! I am jealous you got to escape the snow chaos
Thanks for coming to visit. It was so much fun! We all miss you. You'll have to send me some of your cute pictures.
I'm SO jealous of you getting to eat Cafe Rio. Mmmmm . .. I miss that! And it looks like SUMMER in Pheonix! Wow! Maybe we should move there some day. . . JK; Brian likes snow, so that probably won't happen. :) I'm relieved to hear that you use LOTS of pink and purple sprinkles rather than just a few. :)
Post a Comment