We took a trip down to the Outer Banks of North Carolina and I fell in LOVE! The Outer Banks are a strip of land off of the coast of North Carolina which includes Roanoake Island (the lost colony), Rodanthe (remember the Nicholas Sparks book/movie), Cape Hatteras (the beautiful Lighthouse), Kitty Hawk (Wright Bros.), and the waters once patrolled by Blackbeard. A member of the fitness center I work at has a beach house in Nags Head, and he gave us a discount to stay there. Tim mentioned it to some co-workers and before we knew it, the trip was planned!
Below: A view from the top...
The entire lighthouse was moved a few years ago to avoid falling into the ocean. The middle picture shows the opening in the trees (now a parking lot) where it came.
Jockey's Ridge State Park dunes. The highest natural dunes in the East Coast.And about the hottest. These are probably some of the sand the Wright Brothers flew off of though over the years, the dunes have moved and covered an entire miniature golf course. It's now popular to fly kites there. There's lots of wind.


6 comments:
SO jealous! That sounds like a super relaxing, fun vacation! And you are starting out the summer already super-tan. :) We will definitely have to do that next year - what is the name of your coworker? Maybe he'd cut us a deal? :)
Btw, you are an AMAZINGLY fast runner. You inspire me!
Wow, that looks amazing! I love the beach...
That looks SO fun! My sister-in-law's family goes there regularly and they rave about how great it is. I'll have to visit some day.
That's so cool! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Glad you fell in love with the OBX. I would definitely be okay with that being your future home...it would be extra fun to visit!
I too love the Outer Banks! Looks like you had such a great time! We'll love seeing the rest of your pictures later.
Post a Comment