Sunday, June 5, 2011

Vacation Destination: OBX

Remember last year when we went to the Outer Banks and I loved it? Well, I still do. Tim and I took our vacation back to DC and snuck a wild weekend with his family in the beaches of North Carolina.
This is a picture of the only downside of the trip last year: Bodie Island Lighthouse...
And this begins our new trip:
Yay! We also took a drive up the coast with Tim's parents to see the Currituck Lighthouse-very beautiful surrounded by lots of trees.
And spent some time in Manteo. Last year there was a wedding here at this lighthouse, so we didn't get to get too close. It's really pretty being near the harbor and cute shops.
Mackenzie stole the show in this cute suit Aubrey got for her.
We moved away around the time she was becoming more lively. She is a busy girl and it was fun spending time with our only niece on Tim's side.
I only went into the water twice, but we spend a lot of time at the beach. I especially liked our nightly walks on the coast.
I expanded my artistic horizons in the sand...

We played a lively game of mini golf. Each hole in the second 9 had a different rule such as spinning, squatting, or balancing on one leg.
We took a walk at the Pea Island Wildlife Preserve and saw lots of birds and turtles (and yucky bugs)

And last, but not least, we awoke (really) early to see the sunrise...
Too bad it was foggy :(
It was a very nice, refreshing trip.
Next I'll post about our time in Virginia and DC.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

That looks like a fun trip! And did you see we didn't go to Denver? That means we still need to go and hopefully we'll choose a weekend when you are for sure going to be there!

Amelia Brame said...

Wow Tanaya- that mermaid is seriously amazing. No really. I'm so impressed :)

Aubrey said...

I'm glad the lighthouse was all fixed up for your return visit! Sounds like you all had a fun time together, I am jealous!

Michelle said...

Nice artwork in the sand, Tanaya! Impressive. Mackenzie looks like a cutie. I'm glad that you found at least one lighthouse that isn't being renovated! You made me want to go to OBX. I'm glad you had a good time!

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

We had such a nice time with you guys at the beach -- thank you, thank you, for making it all happen so that we could join in on the fun. I put my polished seashell pieces we collected in a glass dish -- there is still plenty of room for more, so I guess we need to go again!

Adkins Family said...

Fun trip! I'm glad you got to see the lighthouses this year. We're looking forward to seeing you soon!