I told you they turned the river green and Green it was! I watched the 3 hour long, cold St. Patrick's Day Parade while Tim was at his conference. I have never seen so many people get into the holiday. Just walking down the street you couldn't turn your head without seeing green clothes and jewelry. I quickly broke down and bought a necklace-you can see it in the river picture. My green shirt hidden under my coat just wasn't enough! Note to to the BYU FOLK DANCE TEAM: Watch the Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade for your upcoming Irish Dancers. There were tons of them in the parade!

After the parade, I went to the Art Museum (Tim was still at his conference). It is a really great museum with a lot of famous pieces. I absolutely loved the impressionist, and enjoyed others. I'm glad I could be so "cultured."

Lastly, Saturday night we ate a delicious dinner at the Corner Bakery and got to see Wicked! -the play I had been waiting so see for quite some time! I had the music for it, but the soundtrack just doesn't make sense without seeing the play -the "true" story behind the witches in The Wizard of Oz!
3 comments:
Thanks for the pictures of the bright green river -- I've never seen it, and had no idea it would be SO GREEN -- how fun!
HOw fun to be in a big city for st. Patty's!! I'm jealous you got to see the green river ... is Tim wearing green? If not you better have pinched him. Yeah, for wicked! I'm so excited you got to see it ... did you both love it?
p.s. do the fish survive the green river? just curious!?
Post a Comment