Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sunday: The Magnificant Mile and Navy Pier

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by the "Magnificant Mile." Though I enjoyed the four-story Crate & Barrell, most of the other shops could be found about anywhere. I was expecting more cool, specialty shops. We did get some hot chocolate at the Hershey's Store, though. After the shopping, we headed out to Navy Pier. -That was some of the coldest wind I have ever experienced, but we made it. Most things at Navy Pier were closed, but we got to see the stained glass, and have a delicious dinner (and get warmed up).

1 comment:

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Hmmm...I don't remember the stained glass windows -- maybe they are new? They look very pretty. I also didn't remember seeing the Chicago Bean -- I definitely think it is new since we were in Chicago (several years ago)