Thursday, August 7, 2008

We Made It...Finally!

After 6 days stuck in Tennessee, we're finally at our apartment in Virginia! We're actually pleasantly surprised with our apartment. It is not new by any means, but it has everything I asked for...a washer/dryer, a dishwasher, and nice carpet. Plus it is much more spacious than our last apartment. Now the job hunt continues...
While we were on our way here from Texas, I took a few pictures of us making the most of our situation. Who knew Nashville was considered the "Athens of the South?"
Athena and the Nashville Parthenon

The county fair we found one night! Look closely and you'll see pig races and me petting a cow and feeding a camel!
Us in Little Rock, AK before all the trouble started. The bottom left picture is of me walking the "Medical Mile" because they're such a healthy city! The bottom right picture is of me and my injuries. I took a hard fall one morning running in San Antonio and again when walking Tim's aunt's dog. I've had a tough week.

5 comments:

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

i'm glad you made it and that your happy with your place! good luck with the job hunting...our prayers are with you guys

Aubrey said...

Well I guess it is nice to be happy with your apartment after all of the mess it took to get here!

Unknown said...

So glad you finally made it!!! I am sorry that was such a crappy trip, although I am glad we were able to see you both while in Nashville. Good luck with the job hunt!!!

Adkins Family said...

I'm glad you finally made it! I've been meaning to call you for days and have never gotten around to it until it's too late! I'm glad you like your apartment. Hopefully that makes things a little better. Good luck with your job hunting. I'll call you sometime... or you call me. :)

pomai♥stephen said...

yay you made it. hope all is well and better now.