Monday, August 2, 2010

Costa Rica....the Rich Coast

It will take me a few posts to tell about our trip to Costa Rica, but I thought I'd start with a brief summary. We got to see a lot more of the country by renting and driving our own car around. I guess a lot of people either take buses, or they visit less places than we did. I now know why. Some of the roads in Costa Rica are not quite up to par with the U.S. Take a look at the scenery from our car...
Notice the crocodiles in the bottom middle picture and the top two corner pictures.

Costa Rica also had some pretty awesome road signs.Translation: Watch out for short, boxy women, dogs, sloths, and monkeys. (You do not want to get caught behind a sloth crossing the road)
Translation: Ducks in the road - don't kill them.

Travel buddies Amelia and Jon added lots of fun to our trip!
Next stop: Arenal Volcano...

3 comments:

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Great translations on the road signs -- I laughed a lot. And when are you and Tim getting matching shirts (if I know Tim, the answer is never - what a party pooper).

Michelle said...

Your translations are awesome. It looks like you had a great time; I'm so glad . . . you earned if after all that crazy moving business!

Aubrey said...

I am laughing out loud about the slow signs. I thought it was reverse evolution there for a second.