Saturday, August 21, 2010

Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio

We spent a few days in Quepos, visiting in and around Manuel Antonio National Park. The park had a few shorter hikes through the rain forest, but it is known for it's beautiful beaches.(Notice the monkey behind Tim in the picture above)Monkeys there are like squirrels in the United States. They are everywhere and are so cute!
Our hotel situation was crazy the entire time. In Montezuma, we went to a place we had reservations for and there was a guy sitting out on his porch without a shirt on. He talked us into NOT staying there. We didn't want to anyway. In Quepos, we got to our rooms late at night and had to HIKE up a huge hill into a yucky room with no a/c or hot water. We upgraded the next day and got a two bedroom suite with a kitchen. We ended up cooking our own delicious meals!
And back to the beach for some boogie boarding!

I sure do love the beach!

I had heard about the Villa Vanilla, a spice plantation nearby. We were to cheap to go on the tour, but we did visit their "store" -a cabinet with lots of spices. The guy there was really nice and gave us the mini-tour in spanish. Tim translated and we ended up having a good time! We even saw cocoa beans growing on trees!After a nice stay by Manuel Antonio, we drove back into the city and realized how Americanized San Jose was (although we were glad for clean rooms and regular food by then). We saw some beautiful scenery on the way including crocodiles.We stopped on the way to eat lunch by a harbor in an even more Americanized community.



I don't really have any pictures of San Jose, but we just relaxed for the last night. It was a great experience, but we were glad to be in the good old USA!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I'm so glad that you were able to travel a bit before the school-year and work set in! How is the job hunt going? I need to call you . .. :)

Aubrey said...

Those monkeys are so awesome, I definitely need to go now!

Christen Aubrey said...

It looks like you are having SOOOO much fun! I am sad you are gone! Life is about the same. Getting ready to start school. Do you like your new apartment??