Monday, October 25, 2010

Yay!

Things are going well here in Colorado. The Fall weather has been beautiful, Tim is enjoying school, and I am happy to say I have found a job! It is for WellPoint, a subsidiary of Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I will be a Health Educator, and my job will be working with patients of the insurance company who have chronic conditions through phone, fax, mailings, etc. taking health assessments and educating them about wellness and (some) exercise. It will be a change from working face to face with people, but I am excited to try something different. I also get my own cubicle on the 11th floor of this building in Denver:
It will be another commute of about 40 minutes, but I've done it for the past 3 years, so I can handle it some more. The best thing about the job: I am eligible to work from home after 9 months! Then my commute will be excellent! The hours are kind of a bummer (12:30-9pm), but I will be able to continue teaching my Yoga class and there are a lot of good things about the company. Basically, I am way excited! I start training on November 8th, so I've still got two weeks of partying! I'd better get busy...

The picture below is of a really pretty hike Tim and I went on last Friday...

11 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

Yay Tanaya! I'm so glad you found a job!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new job ... sounds great for you! And PERFECT after the 9 months.. that will be fantastic for you guys!!!

Dara and Ryan said...

that's great tanaya, I am so happy you were able to get a job. I really hope it goes well for you and I know you'll catch on really fast. good luck. and yes, you get credit for my running as of late because of the running club at pwhfc!

Aubrey said...

Hip hip hoooooray! I think it really sounds like a great job. Some definite sacrifices for the beginning, but I think it would be hard to find something better than the long-term perks of it!

Scott said...

Hooray!

It's good you don't have to go to work until later because someone needs to remind Tim to go to school.

Michelle said...

WAHOO! Congrats, Tanaya! That is wonderful news - an answer to prayer! You will be great at that. You'll have to post about all of the fun stuff you do before work starts. :)

Stephanie said...

Good for you! I am so impressed by the great jobs you get in health promotion. Our Utah County wellness coordinator works in my office and it's fun to help her out with projects. Keep it up!!

Rachel Ashmore said...

I'm so happy for you! And I love your positive attitude about everything. I wish you the best of luck!

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Very pretty, very shiny office building. And if you're on the 11th floor, you can just take the stairs all the way up and there's a complete workout! We're happy for you -- congratulations!

Shonna said...

Congrats on your job; that's awesome! And the trees in that pic are gorgeous; gotta love fall!

IdaJohn said...

Way to find a job! Job hunting is not much fun. Way to be so positive. Your hike looks so pretty!