Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Two Days, Two Adventures

Tim and I are setting a one-word theme for this (school) year. Our word this year is Explore. We hope to apply it to Rome as well as knowledge, etc. We are definitely exploring Rome right now! I just got too excited, so we went on two after-preschool trips this week. First to the Eco Center where we saw all sorts of animals, then to the Northwest Museum of Flight! 
The Eco Center is just the upstairs of an old building by a park, but it has all sorts of animals that you can see up close. Unfortunately, many of them were snakes and creepy things, but Ty and Lucy loved the turtles. There were swimming turtles and land turtles. They also liked the fish and a cute puppy that belonged to the employee working!
Between the Eco Center and a park is a tree house. It wasn't too exciting, except that we saw a bike police officer on the way up who gave the kids police badge stickers. It also made for some cool pictures!
I totally spoil my kids. I admit it. But only because I spoil myself with sugar and butter. After our adventure, we headed to a local bakery called The Sweet Bar, where we picked out sweet pastries. 
The good news: Lucy can now say "cupcake."
Later on, she learned how to use dot paints. They actually workout really well for her!
Our second adventure was to the Northwest Georgia Museum of Flight. I just found out about it and couldn't wait to take Ty! It's just a hanger next to a small airport, but it was filled with planes and a few vehicles. The kind employees (including a sweet Air Force Vet) gave us tours and let us climb around in them. Look closely below to see Ty in the cockpit.
Pilot Lucy:
Our sweet friends the Seaton's joined us. Ty and Tate enjoyed the Army Jeep.
Another cockpit tour by the pilot herself...

No comments: