We've just started settling into our new home in the Rocky Mountains, but before I do any Colorado posts, I wanted to share pictures from my fun trip with my family. A few days after we arrived here, I left Tim behind (he had Math Camp) and went on tour. To family, I mean.
I flew into Salt Lake City and stayed with TJ for a few days. I FINALLY got to meet my new niece Hailey! She's getting so big, but she's adorable...
I spent lots of time with Kate and Jonas. My parents came up for our cousin Kristen's wedding and they brought cute gifts for Kate and Jonas. Jonas got a tool belt and Kate got a princess outfit. I don't think either of them took the outfits off for two days straight! We went to Golden Corral and the waitresses smiled and said "Look at Handy Manny" to Jonas.
On Saturday morning I was running around Santaquin and I realized they were celebrating some kind of fruit days. I ended up joining the 5K (it happened to be on my route...and there weren't many places to run in that town), then I saw them getting ready for a parade! Once I got home, I made everyone get ready so we could watch. It was one of the highlights of my trip! Jonas had a hard time picking the candy up with the cool tool belt my parents got him!
Watching the parade!
I also took Kate and Jonas on a Treasure Hunt to find gold from Costa Rica!
Friday night was my cousin Kristen and Rocky's wedding. It was in Dale and Jennalee's back yard and it was beautiful! There was some crazy wind and even some rain, but everyone's faith held strong and the weather ended up being beautiful for the Ceremony and Dinner. I also had fun seeing family I hadn't seen for over two years!
I drove to St. George with my parents and they surprised me by getting tickets to Tuacahn's Tarzan! I went with my dad and had a really great time!
It was a little strange having the entire ensemble as gorillas, but they did some awesome tricks. Some of the actors in the Playbill had the role of "acrobat." I didn't take any pictures, but I stole some from the website...
I continued my tour on Tuesday driving with my mom and Ben to Phoenix to visit Mindy's family. As you can tell in the pictures, Makayla and Will received the same "outfits" as Kate and Jonas and looked just as adorable! We had to stay indoor most of the time because it was Phoenix in August, but we did manage to go to the splash pad!
The biggest part of my trip to Phoenix was, again, meeting my new nephew Henry! He's a little chunker, too. He's only two days older than Hailey, but almost twice as heavy! I love nieces and nephews!
I had to do my treasure hunt at the splash pad because it was the only place outdoors that we could handle. This is the kids looking for an "X"
Ben was a good sport all week. These kids just love him, but I think he was worn out by this picture. (You can even see Bruiser sniffing his feet)
Another wonderful trip with family!
I flew into Salt Lake City and stayed with TJ for a few days. I FINALLY got to meet my new niece Hailey! She's getting so big, but she's adorable...
On Saturday morning I was running around Santaquin and I realized they were celebrating some kind of fruit days. I ended up joining the 5K (it happened to be on my route...and there weren't many places to run in that town), then I saw them getting ready for a parade! Once I got home, I made everyone get ready so we could watch. It was one of the highlights of my trip! Jonas had a hard time picking the candy up with the cool tool belt my parents got him!
I drove to St. George with my parents and they surprised me by getting tickets to Tuacahn's Tarzan! I went with my dad and had a really great time!
It was a little strange having the entire ensemble as gorillas, but they did some awesome tricks. Some of the actors in the Playbill had the role of "acrobat." I didn't take any pictures, but I stole some from the website...
I continued my tour on Tuesday driving with my mom and Ben to Phoenix to visit Mindy's family. As you can tell in the pictures, Makayla and Will received the same "outfits" as Kate and Jonas and looked just as adorable! We had to stay indoor most of the time because it was Phoenix in August, but we did manage to go to the splash pad!The biggest part of my trip to Phoenix was, again, meeting my new nephew Henry! He's a little chunker, too. He's only two days older than Hailey, but almost twice as heavy! I love nieces and nephews!
I had to do my treasure hunt at the splash pad because it was the only place outdoors that we could handle. This is the kids looking for an "X"
5 comments:
Man, that sounds like a great tour! Trips with family are the best. You are so creative to do a little treasure hunt for each of your nieces and nephews; I bet they loved that! I look forward to hearing details about how things are going in Colorado.
I am glad you finally got to meet the 2 newest babies in your family!
Good ol' Costa Rican Pirates Gold ;)
The kids are all so cute -- the new babies as well as the older nieces and nephews. So glad you got to spend time with your family!
So fun! We were so glad you got to visit, even if it was just a couple days. We miss you!
Post a Comment