Saturday, August 20, 2016

Aug 19 & 20, 2016

A yucky summer cold is going around which I've got currently, so rather than running this morning, the family explored Cedartown, Georgia (about a 25 minute drive). We hopped on the Silver Comet Trail which basically runs from Atlanta to Alabama. The kids spent some time exploring, and we walked, jogged, and enjoyed the nature. Cedartown is a cute little Southern town!
This evening we attended a neighborhood party where we got to meet some neighbors. There are a lot of younger families (mostly girls), so I hope I get to know them better! Our neighborhood isn't very big, so it's nice people kind of know each other. I'm surprised at how much I do like Rome, but a part of me just wants to climb a mountain see past all of the trees and kudzu. It's a strange feeling of homesickness. 
Last night Tim and I had some friends watch the kids so we could go to a dinner with his Econ department colleagues. They took us to a place called Ballenger's. It was a restaurant on the side of a highway next to a gas station that looks like an abandoned house...on the inside and out!
There is an episode of the show How I Met Your Mother when Lily decides to go back to her apartment after spending so much time already at her fiancé's. Because it had been so long since she's been to her home, she didn't know that they turned her apartment into a Chinese restaurant. The funny thing was that her own pictures and furnishings were part of the restaurant decor. This is what Ballenger's was like, but weirder, with random shelves of storage in the rooms with tables. The food was pretty good, but it was quite the experience!

No comments: