Thursday, August 18, 2016

Cookies and Braves

Ty was in an especially good mood today, so we had an especially good day! This morning, I ran on Berry campus with my new friend Caroline. (Both of us had the same orange double stroller...we were quite a sight!) Berry has some really nice trails, and it was fun to visit Tim afterward.

After picking Ty up from school, we headed to the library to pick out some new (Lego) books. The Rome library is so sad. The children's section has old-school tile floors, old furniture in dreary colors, and no toys or puzzles except one little playhouse you can sit in. The worst part is that the children's librarians sit and chat in a back room and have yet to answer any of my questions. Little rant here, but how hard would it be to get some colorful rugs, comfy chairs, and puzzles or trains like every other library in this decade? Rant over.

I'd found some cookies in the cupboard I'd forgotten about (yipee!), so when we got home, we dunked a few cookies and played Legos.
We met Tim at the Rome Braves game where a security man gave Ty one of the foul balls on our way in! Next, we found that their shop was having a huge sale, so I got a cute hat for $6 (see below) and Tim got a shirt. We all won...except for the Braves.
The kids got to meet mascots Roman, Roxie, and Romey (very creative names, I know), we got hot dogs and $1 drinks, and just had a blast with the laid-back night. The Braves stadium is really nice and very stress-free as far as parking and finding seats.

The kids had zero complaining or fits tonight for a change. Once they went to bed, Tim and I actually finished painting the upstairs bathroom! I heard someone say that the best piece of advice they had been given as a mom is to do one thing a day that can't be undone. I love that piece of advice, because as a stay-at-home mom, everything is constantly being messed up, eaten, destroyed, or soiled. Having the bathroom done, a task that has been weighing on me for a month, feels great!  ...another win.

No comments: