My kids are just the cutest. Even though they mess up anything and everything I do. I seriously can't keep up with them. Growing up, I always pictured myself being a mom to a daughter, so I often look at Lucy as this girl of my dreams who is really and sweet and funny. Her personality is that of a girl who loves her brother and anything he's interested in, yet loves girly things and knows if she has something girly. She is so confident and comfortable. She does well in nursery (I may have snuck her in a few weeks early) and the YMCA childcare. She is talking up a storm and gets her messages across without much trouble. She's also just funny; kind of a sloppy, jolly, funny girl.
Ty started Pre-K two weeks ago. I struggle with the fact that it's from 8-2:30 every day. This picture is after his first day. He did great. Every day I pick him up, he says he loves it, yet he NEVER wants to go back. It's a fight every morning...and evening...and afternoon.
Ty loves Legos. He always used to want to play with them but would get frustrated because he couldn't quite work them (though he's great at Duplos). Lately, he's done better and rarely gets frustrated. He just builds and builds. He says he wants to be an engineer like his Uncle Scott when he gets older...or a firefighter. (Side bar: this evening, Tim said "I've just been putting out lots of fires this evening," because things keep breaking in our house. Later, Ty walked around and said, "I haven't seen any fires.")
Ty is very smart. It's too bad he's also an extremely good negotiator. Everything with this kid is a negotiation. Talking to him and trying to explain things falls on deaf ears. Totally pointless. He claims he is fine being a "wimp" and has no qualms about crying in front of people or at school. The school thing is a challenge right now.
Now that Ty is gone during the day, Lucy and I try to make the most of our "girl time."
Swimming, running, painting nails, yoga, and playing with Ty's toys have all been on the agenda.
Once we pick Ty up in the afternoon, we try to get out. Too bad the parks here are so dirty. These kids leave covered in dirt! (Not to mention all the homeless people hang out at the parks. Kind of weird.)
It seems like our family alone has been keeping The Home Depot in business lately. Luckily, the kids get a kick out of going there.
This girl just adores her brother. He gets a kick out of his shadow too.
...but sometimes she takes charge and shows him who's boss.
No comments:
Post a Comment