Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Roses and Thorns

I love the idea of sharing "roses" and "thorns" of the day. Today mine had quite a few. Since I plan to make this blog more of a journal, here are a few of the highlights:

Rose: Yesterday we received a shirt in the mail for Lucy from Uncle Scott and family. He had sent Ty and Lucy Georgia Tech shirts now that we live in Georgia, but it took a while to get Lucy's. Her's has a bus on it and says, "Next stop: Georgia Tech." Ty was pretty excited about the bus, so of course Lucy was too. This morning, I put the shirt on Lucy, but decided it was too big so I took it off again. Apparently, the shirt was non-negotiable. She threw a fit and just kept reaching toward the Georgia Tech shirt until I put it on here. Here is the end result with a few alterations:
Thorn: Pool leak realized, found, and fixed in one day. A/C upstairs not working-this is a big problem.

Rose: Tim found out he's one of three finalists for the best dissertation in economic history for this year! It's a great honor and he'll get to present it in Boulder later this year!

Rose: I am trying to start teaching a few exercise or yoga classes around town. I have been offered my first class-Youth Fitness on Friday evenings so I can officially start at the YMCA! It's not a super convenient time, but there's not much to do in Rome on Friday nights, I'll be done at 6:30, and I can drop the kids in the childcare (they love it)!

No comments: